Sea Coast Meditation.mp3
Free Recording from Lazaris about the Coronavirus
Lazaris and Concept Synergy have produced a free recording about the coronavirus, including different ways to respond to this pandemic. You need to have an account with them to play it, but you can set one up for free. Please click here and scroll down to find it.
Creative Play Exercises
- Pick some music that you like to listen to and gather some art materials to have in front of you.
- Sit comfortably in your seat and calm your breathing. Then go through each part of your body releasing tension and relaxing.
- Now play the music, close your eyes and just listen.
- Open your eyes, play the music again and this time use it to inspire a piece of artwork - selecting colours and drawing lines and shapes in response to what you are hearing.
- If you are doing this on your own, take some time to reflect on what you have produced and write about what you see there. You might like to focus on things like what feelings the picture evokes in you. What do you think and feel about the colours and shapes? Can you see figures or objects in the picture that have meanings or associations for you?
- If you are doing this with others, you might like to reflect back to each other what you see in each person's picture.
Alternatively, you can use a guided meditation to inspire some artwork. This could be figurative or abstract, based upon some of the elements from the meditation, or just an expression of how you felt during it. You can then reflect upon what you have produced as outlined in points 5 and 6 above.